Thursday, March 5, 2009

living and dying

Did I seriously have myself marked as a male? I just changed my profile picture and my gender said "male". Eh, whatever.

My new job is absolutely wonderful and I am so happy to be there. Everyone I work with has been so welcoming and so great. I guess that goes along with the line of work. One thing I learned in my small amount of time with Hospice is the way that you lived your life is the way you die. I wonder if the same is true with the people around you. What I mean is, if you are very work oriented or if you are very family oriented, are you going to be that way when your close family member is dying? I have seen both responses to the impending death of a family member and I have yet to come to the conclusion of whether or not it is the way that person chooses to live his or her life or if it is grief. I suppose it could be either, but who am I to know?

I was asked to work an extra shift this weekend - right in the middle of my orientation - which does seem kind of strange. I do feel very honored though because when the woman called me from work she told me that my supervisor said I was doing a great job and was very confident I could do it. They would rather have me work the shift than someone from a temp agency. I'm flattered.

I'm working on some mittens that I started in October or November. Hopefully I'll have them done this weekend so I can use them next winter. ;) So many other things had to be knit so they got put off. I still have to finish my mom's fingerless mitts that were a Christmas present. They are so detailed, that's why they are taking me so long. I get so far and I have to stop. I have some plans for Easter presents and have started on one. I have promised myself to at least finish the mittens before continuing the first Easter present. The other two I think will go rather quickly. Then a couple more. I think my list of things I'd like to knit will be never ending. I started my first pair of socks 10 months ago and have yet to finish them because I keep starting new projects. Errr. When is Easter anyway? 5 weeks. After that, a blanket for Isabel. I'm never going to stop!

No comments: