Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cash for Gold

Today I took my wedding rings from my first marriage to the pawn shop (again with the pawn shop). I have been hanging on to them for years -- just over 8 years to be a little more exact -- because I didn't know what to do with them. I've heard all of those cash for gold commercials and thought maybe I'd send them in. Then I did a little bit of looking around on the internet. I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet but I read about some people getting just a couple dollars for their jewelry or being told their package never made it to the cash for gold people. So I thought I'd take my wedding jewelry and the other couple things he gave me to the pawn shop. At least I'd get rid of them. Lucky me! I got $100! I used it to buy a little brown refrigerator I saw there last week. It looks just like the refrigerator my parents got for a wedding gift 40 years ago that they still have.


My dad uses it for beer, and now that is what my husband has in his.


I also used the money to get my hair re-colored:


Good day.

I am starting a new job in 2 weeks! I'm very excited about it since I haven't been very happy at my current job and I've been wanting a job where I feel like I'm actually being a nurse. I will be working for Hospice. I am very excited about this! My last day of work will be on my birthday!

I finished my last square for the afghan swap yesterday and it is blocking. I'm wanting to make more squares for my afghan to make it a bit larger. Hopefully with my new job I will have more spare time to knit and I can make more squares and put together some blankets for Project Linus. I also started on a sweater for Annette's dog. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend.

Here's a cute picture to end the blog with:

4 comments:

Marie Reed said...

Boy I can see how my post today was a real downer! I mean look at that dog! He is just adorable:) Your hair looks awesome! It looks vibrant, fun and just beautiful! COngrats on the new job. It's nice to hear so good news about the economy!

Just Debbie said...

It's no problem! That kind of thing is always sad to me.

SILVER said...

cute guy..

i could look at this picture for a long long time.


smiles,

Silver

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I know I said it already, but I LOVE your hair! It turned out so cool. I am so behind on everyone's news that I didn't know you had a new job. That is super, I know you were not happy with your other one.