Saturday, March 21, 2009

something, something, something


I'm sitting here trying to thing of something to update you all on. Well....I finished the mittens I was working on. Learned how to duplicate stitch to close holes and I am very pleased with that!

I'm working on a felted bag, getting closer to the "22 inches completed height before felting" every day. I also picked up a pair of socks I started a year ago. Oops. I think now I knit a little less tight than I did then, so my gauge is a little different. I'm not in the mood to take the whole sock apart just because now part of it may be a little looser. I'm knitting them toe up and the first one is done to the heel, so now I'm on the second. I remember how hard I worked to make those toes last year, making them over and over about 4 times. I'm just going to keep going to get these socks done. Once I finish the foot, which is just plain stockinette stitch, I'll switch to a ribbed stitch, so, if they are a little loose, there will be some stretchiness to the leg.

I have so much sock yarn and have so many great ideas for socks. Yep. Not really. Well, I just thought that I could share it with my nieces and make a little pair of socks for my nieces or one of them whenever I make myself a pair since I'll probably have leftovers. Maybe start with a pair of socks for Isabel and knit myself a pair of anklets with what is left (or knit as high as I can go). I just thought it would be fun to get more than one pair of socks out of my yarn at a time instead of having the scraps sitting around.

I'm going to go to a February Lady Sweater class starting Monday. There has been this yarn, the colorway is "rose garden", at the LYS that I have lusted over for about the past year and I never knew what to make with it. Well, I bought the last 4 skeins a couple weeks ago and I'm going to use it for my sweater. Can't wait!

I plan to get plenty of sleep today. I work tonight and did not work last night. I didn't get much sleep at all yesterday after I got off work. Maybe it's time to admit defeat and accept the fact (?) that kids don't care if I need to sleep and aren't going to be quiet and head for the ear plugs.

No comments: