Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Long Blog

I had a great holiday!  I spent Christmas morning at my sister's house where I gave my sister and my niece's their gifts.  They loved them!  I just love making things for people and seeing them enjoy them; it gives me great pleasure.
Izzy's Blanket
Nicky's Scarf

Addy's "Olivia Sweater"

Next we went to my parent's house.  I gave my mom her gift and my dad the hat I made for him.  It was a fun hat to make.  (Yes it is modeled on a woman's head).
Dad's hat
Dad's hat

I spent that evening at work with my great coworkers.  I was a great day.

I got some great gifts as well.  I got this wonderful bracelet from my mom:
It's from the Etsy shop TheZenMuse

I got these great wall plaques from my sisters:
I love these.  They came from the etsy shop Nesedecor

I also got my Buddha I wanted.  He's wonderful.


I have also finished my February Lady Sweater.  It only took 20 months.  I'd work on it, work on something else, then work on it again.  So, my plan to get my unfinished projects finished seems to be working out well so far.  Now I'm working on my Central Park Hoodie that I started last October or November.  I thought I had the right gauge but I didn't, so it's about 10 inches too small.  I'm going to give it to one of my coworkers since she's thin enough to fit into it.


It's snowing today, finally.  Almost the end of the year and we finally get some snow.  I'm afraid it's really going to dump on us.  Oh well, at least I'm off this weekend.

Today I had my 4th weigh-in and I lost 1.2 pounds for a total weight loss of 5.2 pounds so far.  I'm feeling great, too.   In general I just feel good.  Now I need to get back to walking so I can get ready for the 5K's, but not today.

I'm so sad for my friend Cheri.  She and her family have been through a lot lately.  They are in my thoughts.


"The source of love is deep in us and we can help others realize a lot of happiness. One word, one action, one thought can reduce another person's suffering and bring that person joy."

~Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments: