Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Spinning

I've been spinning on a drop spindle for a couple months now. When I got the drop spindle it came with a generous amount of fiber and my friend Laura help me start spinning right away. In May I ordered a Phat Fiber box and recently spun up a couple samples from that. Today I finished the large roving that came with my drop spindle. Since I got the spindle I have also made my own drop spindles from wooden toy wheels and dowels and CD's and dowels.

This is my first completed yarn. It's from a sample from the May Phat Fiber box from Moonlight and Laughter.

After I spun it I plied it with some bamboo crochet thread.


My second finished yarn is also from a sample from the May Phat Fiber box. It's from Woolyhands.

This was my first Navajo ply. It was such fun and I like how it turned out!

This is what I first started spinning and I just finished it. It's my first "full size" yarn. It ended up being ~ 47 yards of bulky-super bulky.

On two spindles, finished being spun, before plying

After plying together on a CD spindle

And, my ball of yarn


Now to decide what to make. I think I might make a hat and use some other handspun and some other samples I got from the Phat Fiber box. I'll have to think on it for a while. This has become so much fun for me. I got more fibers at the Estes Park Wool Market, but more on that later.

No comments: