Thursday, January 20, 2011

ten pounds -- almost

I didn't write last week because I was too emotionally drained to write.  Last week I lost one pound.  This week I was sure I had gained weight, or at least stayed the same because I was so hungry.  I ate like a pig.  I used up my daily points plus my flex points every day and had 9 or 10 weekly points left at the end of the week.  I guess that is what they are there for, though, right?  So this morning when I weighed in I found that I had lost 2.6 pounds this week for a total of 9.8 pounds!  I had also met my first goal -- 5%.  So, it was a great weigh-in today.  Hopefully this will keep up.  This definitely keeps me motivated.  Right now I'm eating one of my typical morning meals: an apple cut up and microwaved with cinnamon on it, then I add Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free oatmeal to it.  Today I added a teaspoon of olive oil to it (to get in my healthy oils) and I don't even notice it.  I also added a teaspoon of vanilla and added my usual Splenda brown sugar blend.  Not bad.

Last week I made a hat with some handspun yarn and some commercial wool.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out and it turned out awful.  It's way too big.  It's just sitting on the kitchen counter.  Maybe I'll felt it today and see what happens.  It can't get any worse.

I mentioned earlier about the lay-offs at work.  I'm still upset about this.  I had yesterday and today off.  I'm almost dreading going back to work tomorrow.  Today has been a good day so far and I hope it keeps up.  Just need to keep a positive attitude.  Ran into one of my friends at the store today and she's doing well.  I'm still so sad for them.


"The mind is the source of happiness and unhappiness."

~The Buddha

No comments: